Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Waxing Poetic as a Push Present

Whenever one of my friends has a baby I love to get them a push present.

What is a push present? 
A push present is a gift a husband, or friend, gives their wife, or friend, for pushing out a baby. It has become really popular more recently. A push present is usually jewelry, but doesn't have to be.

My friend just had a baby over the past weekend. We have been really close friends for years and live near each other. I of course was one of the first to find out about her going into labor so I immediatly rushed to the hospital. She had the baby a week early and luckily I already had her push present ready, I was on top of my game. Usually, I end up purchasing gifts the day of birthdays or the day before Christmas, I'm terrible planning those kinds of things ahead of time.

Anyways - I got her a really sweet waxing poetic necklace. It is simple and beautiful. Her favorite color is turquoise and she had a boy so I thought this would be perfect. It is classic but still trendy and will pretty much go with everything in her closet. Her hubby got her a push present too, a diamond ring! What a lucky girl.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-94666432756749_2268_1575814822

Have you ever received a push present? Let me know in the comments what it was!

No comments: