Pages

Monday, July 08, 2013

DIY Baby Mobile

Baby on the way? Friend's baby on the way? Either way, creating hand made goods for the baby nursery is always cuter than purchasing out of a store. Although it may seem intimidating, creating a baby mobile is way easier than you think. My friend is 37 weeks pregnant, expecting any day now, so we have gotten into full baby mode.

The nursery is all set up and now I'm getting crafty creating unique touches before the baby arrives. Diapers are set up, outfits are hung in the closet and handmade baby swaddles are ready to swaddle baby. I created this large "J" a few weeks ago (baby's name starts with a J). I bought the large letter from Hobby Lobby and wrapped rope around it until it was fully covered. Added colorful buttons and we hung it above the crib, sadly I didn't take any pictures :(

Now, it's time to create a mobile. I found this DIY baby mobile on botts-net and loved it! I will be making this tonight. It seems pretty easy, she really layed out the steps nice and easy. I have all the supplies and love the way she mixed different fabric prints together, looks so shabby chic!

images via botts-net

No comments: