Pages

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

DIY Gauzy Swaddle Blankets

With the hot Summer months upon us, using a gauzy swaddle blanket is lightweight and helps baby stay cool.  Of course these are available in big stores such as Target or Walmart, but they are usually filled with obnoxious prints. I love simple baby items with simple colors. Since I didn't see any of my liking I found this fabulous tutorial and followed it exactly. I'm super happy with the results and found the directions to be really simple. I love the colors she choose. I'm not in the LA area to purchase at the store suggested, so I went to Michaels and Hancock Fabrics and found some gauzy material. These swaddles make perfect gifts or are great to use for your own baby. There is a lot more creativity and customization when you create your own. Babies love this material and so do I. Really easy to clean, super lightweight and easy to wrap around baby. Check out the full tutorial here



*Note - images via danamadeit.com

No comments: